M.A.SILVA GROUP HAS BEEN A TECHNOLOGICAL LEADER
IN THE CORK INDUSTRY SINCE 1972
The quality of M.A.SILVA cork stoppers results from the focus of our business strategy, centered on Research, Development and Innovation.
Over the last few years, M.A.SILVA has invested heavily in developing the most advanced technologies, which, together with the best talents, has enabled us to ensure the best performance and quality of cork stoppers, with a guarantee of non-detectable TCA. *
Continuous investment in innovation and quality reinforces our position as a reference producer of premium natural cork stoppers.*Releasable TCA content below the quantification limit of 0.5 ng/l; analysis carried out according to ISO 20752
ID+I & QUALITY
MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY WITHOUT TCA
The quality of the corks speaks for itself, and so do the numbers.
TCA analysis by GC/MS
Producing top quality cork stoppers that contribute to the preservation and evolution of wines and sparkling wines.
Being a global leading company in sustainability practices through an activity that is 100% verticalised, in the production of natural and technical cork stoppers.
Transforming the best cork into value for stoppers, wines and people, in perfect harmony with nature.
Proximity • Commitment • Sustainability • Quality • Innovation • Resilience
Ensure customers satisfaction:
- Engaging employees and suppliers in achieving the company’s goals, with a particular emphasis on ensuring food safety for end consumers.
- Ensuring appropriate employee skills and effective internal communication.
- Always working in accordance with the best cork industry practices in order to preserve the properties of cork as a natural product and for contact with food.
- Manufacturing cork stoppers in compliance with legal, statutory, customer and management system requirements and applying FSC® core labor requirements.
- Always looking for ways to reduce waste, optimise natural resources, improve operational efficiency, seeking innovative solutions.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of the organisation, ensuring the communication model in the cork stopper production chain.
- Contributing to the increase of the forest area with responsible management through FSC® certification (FSC-C009204).
- Not to use child labor, any forms of forced and compulsory labor of the workers.
- Ensure that there is no discrimination in employment occupation.
- Respect freedom of association and the effective right to collective bargaining.
- Continuously improving the organisation’s environmental performance and preventing pollution.
CORK STOPPER PRODUCTION FLOW
Where there is control, there is quality
M.A.SILVA produces and delivers the best natural cork stoppers available in the world market, promoting the perfect pairing: cork stopper – wine.
To guarantee maximum quality throughout the cork stopper production flow, maximum quality must be guaranteed at all stages. And for the process to be efficient, it is also necessary that all the stages are controlled – from the forest to the final product – as it happens at M.A.SILVA.
The quality of our production flow starts in the forest, and the health of the trees of contracted forest owners is constantly monitored.
The demanding and rigorous Quality & Control team at M.A.SILVA is present throughout the entire production flow, and supported by exact protocols and cutting edge technology, allowing us to decide which batches of cork are approved and which are rejected.
Before stripping, tests are carried out on samples, guaranteeing the maximum quality of cork. Once the best raw material has been selected, the next step is to ensure its cleaning and disinfection. M.A.SILVA’s patented cork cleaning and disinfection systems reduce average TCA levels to below human detectable levels.
The M.A.SILVA strategy and philosophy, focused on the quality of the cork stoppers and consequent client satisfaction, lead to predictable results and constant performance of the production process, often verified and tested by entities outside the group.
M.A.SILVA exceeds the quality levels set by leading European institutions such as APCOR, C.E.Liège and Systecode.
M.A.SILVA’s efforts encompass the combination of forest management with highly technological processes that have been patented and awarded prizes by leading entities in the sector.
Within the framework of forest management efforts and the development of sustainable forests and products, M.A.SILVA has several units certified according to the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®).